Sunday, 14 February 2010

rest?

I'm taking a day off. Almost all of the office is, in fact. There are still a surprising number of people here, but several who, like me, are not actively working. Just responding to the occasional email, not letting work build up for tomorrow but not doing anything to reduce what already has to happen. Many have joined the excursion to the beach for sun, sea and mojitos.  

It's a wonderful feeling. It's the first time in three weeks that I've had this. Knowing that I could just hop in a car back to the flat, I could have done so five hours ago, or I could wait another five hours. The pressure has lifted. 

So I've been taking the time to catch up on some of the blogs I try to read, and I was particularly struck by this post from J at Tales from the Hood. It resonates so well with me. His description of night-time activities correlates remarkably with mine - I've heard each of those, not necessarily in the same order - and merely lacks the rooster which crows at intervals ranging from 10 minutes to 10 seconds, from midnight until 23:59. 

Being tired has its advantages. I only hear a small collection of these on any one night, but they're all regular features for anyone who can't sleep. 

It feels like it's going to rain again tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment